It snowed this week so a hearty sweet potato based soup like African Peanut seems appropriate. A little spicy, a little sweet and completely delicious, it pairs beautifully with our 2016 Riesling. We’ve included the easy recipe below so you can replicate this whole experience at home.
Use code: openlocalwine for penny shipping on Edelzwicker, 2016 Dry Riesling, 2017 Semi-Dry Riesling and 2016 Chardonnay throughout the month of May. Enjoy!
Amazing African Peanut Soup
• SAUTÉ 2 cups chopped onion in olive oil
• STIR in 1 TBS grated ginger & 3 cloves minced garlic
• ADD 1 cup chopped carrots and sauté for a few minutes
• MIX IN 2 cups sweet potatoes, 4 cups vegetable broth & a dash of cayenne pepper to taste
• Heat gently until the sweet potatoes are soft (approximately 20 min)
• Puree with 2 cups tomato juice and 1 cup creamy peanut butter
Top with crushed peanuts & red pepper flakes & prepare to serve seconds & thirds! Enjoy!